For me, food is tightly connected with emotions. Tonight, I had one of my biggest battles with cravings since beginning my healthy eating transformation....a mere three days ago.
I eat to avoid feelings of shame and worry. Tonight I was obsessing about some issues in my life that I have little to no control over. As I began to worry, my desire for food began to increase at a VERY rapid rate! Before eating, I forced myself to talk through each problem out loud. I gave myself some very specific messages peace and trusting God. I prayed. The desire to run to the kitchen has decreased.
Food can no longer give me peace. It can no longer help muffle the worries, doubts and shame. It is time for me to come face to face with my emotions and really address them.
On a lighter note, no pun intended, I actually ate 5 servings of fruits and vegetables today! That has to be a first ever! I like to imagine the cells in my body looking and acting like really beaten down construction workers. In my mind, they are trying to identify vegetables they haven't seen in over 20 years. "Earl! Look at this thing! Is that a cucumber? Go get Bob. He's got to see this!"
Great food: Greek yogurt mixed with hidden valley dry ranch mix. It is so dang good with carrots and cucumbers!
How's the weight loss journey going, Jennifer? I still remember "Hot by May!" It absolutely does sound like you made a break through here. I hope you are still keep on, keepin' on. And, if you're not, well, then get the hell back on the wagon! :)
ReplyDelete