A couple of weeks ago I noticed an article that explained the power of one singe word. The author talked about choosing a word for the year. As I read the article, I was reminded of a few conversations with colleagues who had already chosen their word for the year. One had talked about the sweetness of doing nothing and had selected nothingness. The other spoke of blessings and living a life of gratitude. After reading the article, I began to ask others.
My husband has a word for the year, faith. I was visiting with a friend just last night and her word was obedience. There is a wonderful writer that has a child at our school and her word is light. Now I'm beginning to feel left out! Each person I have talked to has said the word came to them. They did not choose it. So, here I am, needing a word. I think it would help on my journey to thin. So far I have a few words that seem to be popping up in my life. Could there be one for me?
Words:
consistent - I think this is lame and not inspiring.
family - Great word, still thinking
contentment - This is a word used by my husband to keep me from spending money.
Nachos - I know. But I have been thinking about them a lot.
Resentment - Lacks that positive spin.
So, today I will move more, eat less, control those afternoon snacks and finally pray to receive a word for the year.
Are you open to suggestions? Whenever we have new teachers at Twain, I think those that are successful are diligent. It takes a lot to get in the flow at Twain...there's just so much going on. And to top it off, you have a child there too! That's a lot on your plate.
ReplyDeletePersevere!
ReplyDeleteMove!
Conquer!
game-changer
ReplyDelete