Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Voice




When I begin a journey of change, my 'old' self throws a complete tantrum. My mind uses everything from stress, exhaustion, pity, fear, coupons, guilt and cravings to pull me back into my poor daily eating habits. Before I know it, the regime is back in charge and I am to be found at my favorite Mexican eatery downing chips and queso while sloshing salsa all over myself.

I have met my goal of moving more today. I was eating less until my 'after school snack' which turned into my dinner. The witching hour for me is from 3:00 - 7:00. If I could just be unconscious during those hours, I'd be at my perfect weight!

My goals for tomorrow: Move more, eat less, plan for afternoon hunger and devise a counterattack for the me that is not quite ready for change.

2 comments:

  1. Once you set your mind to being healthier, which it sounds like you have, it is very empowering to make smart choices. At 40, I look better and am healthier than I ever was. Exercising is addictive too. What's your motivation? Mine is sheer vanity. :-) - Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I would like to eventually move to vanity, but at this point health and wearing clothes in a normal store would be fantastic. Do you remember shopping at Oh So Low? I thought about that last time I was in Pensacola.

      Delete